Date: June 20th, 2017
Guest Skeptic: Dr. Dara Kass is an Emergency Physician, mother of three, wife of one and champion for the evolution of women in medicine. She is also the Editor in Chief of FeminEM (Females in Emergency Medicine).
This is an SGEM Xtra so we will not be doing a structured critical review of a recent paper trying to cut the knowledge translation window down for over 10 years to less than one year using the power of social media. The next episode of the SGEM will be a formal critical appraisal of a recent publication.
Five Questions about FeminEM
- Why FeminEM?
- What is FeminEM?
- What is your Story?
- What is FIX2017?
- What are the Ultimate Goals of FeminEM?
Listen to the podcast on iTunes to hear Dr. Dara Kass discuss these questions with me. For more information about FeminEM you can go to their website, like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
Other Resources on the Issue of Gender Equity
- Why do women physicians experience burnout more than men?
- Gender Gap: Do Male or Female Physicians Do More Housework?
- Female representation at Australasian specialty conferences
- Are there too few women presenting at emergency medicine conferences?
- When will we have enough women speakers in emergency medicine?
- Speaker Introductions at Internal Medicine Grand Rounds: Forms of Address Reveal Gender Bias
Remember to be skeptical of anything you learn, even if you heard it on the Skeptics’ Guide to Emergency Medicine