Do you have a passion for education and emergency medicine?
Essentials of Emergency Medicine (EEM) is one of the largest live emergency medicine educational conferences in the world. Inspired by the contest operated by EMCrit and ALiEM, the Skeptics’ Guide to Emergency Medicine is partnering with CanadiEM to offer a Canadian emergency medicine resident the opportunity to attend EEM for free as an Essentials of Emergency Medicine Education Fellow. The winning applicant would receive:
- Full live conference registration at Essentials of Emergency Medicine
- A four (4) night stay at The Cosmopolitan Hotel
- A $500 US travel stipend
- The opportunity of a lifetime to network with amazing EM Educators
Apply for the Fellowship:
All applicants must be current residents in good standing in either an FRCPC or a CCFP Emergency Medicine program in Canada and be available to attend all three conference days (May 10-12, 2016).
Along with their information, applicants must submit either a blog post OR video covering a topic that is clinically or educationally relevant to EM providers. This may be a short clinical pearl, a topic review, or a trick of the trade. Blog posts should be 750 words or less and videos should be under 7 minutes and 30 seconds in length. In addition to entering you into this contest, all submissions will be considered for publication on CanadiEM and/or theSGEM.
Be creative, showcase your educational prowess, and teach us something about a topic you are passionate about! Submit your entry here. Inquiries regarding the contest can be directed here.
Blog posts and videos will be judged by a minimum of four (4) reviewers based on the following criteria:
- Relevance: How relevant is this submission to EM education and/or clinical practice?
- Innovation: How creative and innovative is this submission?
- Design: How well does the submission present information?
- Content: Is the submission organized, accurate, and appropriately referenced?
Applicants should be guided by the quality criteria outlined in the ALiEM AIR  and Quality Checklists for blogs and podcasts  resources.
Expectations of the Winner:
Essentials of Emergency Medicine Fellows will have the rare opportunity to experience the behind-the-scenes work associated with developing and producing one of the world’s largest and best EM educational conferences. Fellow responsibilities will include online chat moderation, social media management, CME preparation, research projects, and more. Perhaps the greatest benefit will be the opportunity to interact directly with the renowned EEM faculty, all of whom are master educators and wonderful individuals.
- January 4, 2016 – Contest opens
- February 8, 2016 – Deadline for submissions
- March 7, 2016 – Winners will be announced
- Grock, A. New AIR Series: ALiEM Approved Instructional Resources. Academic Life in Emergency Medicine, retrieved from http://www.aliem.com/new-air-series-aliem-approved-instructional-resources/ on January 3rd, 2016
- Colmers IN, Paterson QS, Lin M, Thoma B & Chan TM. The Quality Checklists for Health Professions Blogs and Podcasts, The Winnower 3:e144720.08769 (2015). DOI: 10.15200/winn.144720.08769
You must be logged in to post a comment.